on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Boettcher family come from? What is the German Boettcher family crest and coat of arms? When did the Boettcher family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Boettcher family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Boetticher, Bottcher, Boticher, Boettiger, Boettger, Bottikker, Botikker, Boticker and many more.
First found in Brunswick, Lower Saxony, where the name Botticher contributed greatly to the development of an emerging dukedom which would later play a large role in the tribal and power struggles of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local, social and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Boettcher research. Another 195 words(14 lines of text) covering the years 1717, 1682, 1719, 1815, 1870, 1760 and 1835 are included under the topic Early Boettcher History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 101 words(7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Boettcher Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Boettcher Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- August Boettcher, who arrived in Texas in 1845
- E Boettcher, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1850
- Hans Boettcher, who arrived in New York in 1850
- J A Boettcher, who arrived in Desterro, Brazil in 1850
- Wilhelm Boettcher, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850
- Curt Boettcher (1944-1987), American singer, songwriter, musician and record producer
- Mike Boettcher, award winning American journalist and war correspondent
- Champ Boettcher, American fullback in the National Football League
- Arthur Boettcher (1831-1889), German pathologist and anatomist
- Grit Boettcher (b. 1938), German actress
- Helena Boettcher, Polish luger
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
The Boettcher Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Boettcher Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 December 2014 at 13:54.
on orders of $85 or more