on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Boettcher family come from? What is the German Boettcher family crest and coat of arms? When did the Boettcher family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Boettcher family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Boetticher, Bottcher, Boticher, Boettiger, Boettger, Bottikker, Botikker, Boticker and many more.
First found in Brunswick, Lower Saxony, where the name Botticher contributed greatly to the development of an emerging dukedom which would later play a large role in the tribal and power struggles of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local, social and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Boettcher research. Another 195 words(14 lines of text) covering the years 1717, 1682, 1719, 1815, 1870, 1760 and 1835 are included under the topic Early Boettcher History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 101 words(7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Boettcher Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Boettcher Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- August Boettcher, who arrived in Texas in 1845
- E Boettcher, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1850
- Hans Boettcher, who arrived in New York in 1850
- J A Boettcher, who arrived in Desterro, Brazil in 1850
- Wilhelm Boettcher, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850
- Curt Boettcher (1944-1987), American singer, songwriter, musician and record producer
- Mike Boettcher, award winning American journalist and war correspondent
- Champ Boettcher, American fullback in the National Football League
- Arthur Boettcher (1831-1889), German pathologist and anatomist
- Grit Boettcher (b. 1938), German actress
- Helena Boettcher, Polish luger
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
The Boettcher Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Boettcher Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 December 2014 at 13:54.
on orders of $85 or more