Boedeker History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Boedeker family
The surname Boedeker was first found in Prussia, where the name Bodecker was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal society of early Europe. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
Early History of the Boedeker family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Boedeker research. Another 74 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1594, 1384, 1459, 1607, 1683, 1642 and 1652 are included under the topic Early Boedeker History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Boedeker Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bodecker, Boddecker, Bodeckker, Bodecher, Boddecher, Bodeker, Bodekker, Boddekker, Bodicker, Boddicker, Boedecker, Boeddecker, Boedeckker, Boedecher, Boeddecher, Boedeker, Boeddekker, Boedicker, Boeddicker, Budecker, Buedecker, Buddecker, Bueddecker, Budeckker, Buedeckker, Budecher, Buedecher, Buddecher, Bueddecker, Budeker, Buedeker, Buddekker, Buedekker, Budicker, Buedicker, Buddicker and many more.
Early Notables of the Boedeker family (pre 1700)
Prominent bearers of the family name Boedeker during this time period were Stephan Bodecker (1384-1459), 37th Bishop of Brandenburg. Son of a poor cooper from Rathenow, he rose to become one of the most important of the bishops of Brandenburg. He is buried in the Cathedral of Ss. Peter and Paul...
Another 51 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Boedeker Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Boedeker migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Boedeker Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Johan E. Boedeker, who arrived in Missouri in 1840
- Johan E Boedeker, aged 34, who landed in Missouri in 1840 
- Otto Boedeker, who arrived in Texas in 1857 
- Fred. Boedeker, aged 48, who settled in America, in 1896
Boedeker Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Sophie Boedeker, aged 35, who immigrated to the United States from Bremen, in 1904
- Ella Boedeker, aged 50, who immigrated to the United States from Hanover, Germany, in 1922
Contemporary Notables of the name Boedeker (post 1700) +
- William Henry "Bill" Boedeker Jr. (b. 1924), American retired halfback in the National Football League who played from 1946 to 1950
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)