on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Boeck family come from? What is the German Boeck family crest and coat of arms? When did the Boeck family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Boeck family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Boeckmann, Boeckman, Boechmann, Boechman, Boeckemann, Boeckeman, Boechemann, Boecheman, Bochmonn, Bokman, Bokmann and many more.
First found in Mecklenburg, where the name Boeckmann contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation which would later play a large role in the national conflicts of the area.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Boeck research. Another 117 words(8 lines of text) covering the year 1803 is included under the topic Early Boeck History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Boeck Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Boeck Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jean Wentzell Boeck, who arrived in Charles Town, South Carolina in 1782
Boeck Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Johann Boeck, who landed in Indiana in 1852
- Michael Boeck, who arrived in St Clair County, Illinois in 1860
Boeck Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Auguste Boeck, aged 30, who landed in America from Lundweg, Germany, in 1905
- Martha Boeck, aged 16, who settled in America from Lundweg, Germany, in 1905
- Maria Boeck, aged 10, who emigrated to the United States from Nuremburg, Germany, in 1907
- Marie Boeck, aged 39, who landed in America from Nuremburg, Germany, in 1907
- Anselmo Boeck, aged 32, who emigrated to America from Brussels, Belgium, in 1907
- Eugen von Boeck (1823-1823), German educator and scientist
- Jonas Axel Boeck (1833-1873), Norwegian marine biologist
- Marcelo Boeck (b. 1984), Brazilian footballer
- Julianus Marie August de Boeck (1865-1937), Flemish composer and organist
- Christian Peder Bianco Boeck (1798-1877), Norwegian doctor, zoologist and mountaineer
- Cæsar Peter Møller Boeck (1845-1917), Norwegian dermatologist
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
The Boeck Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Boeck Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 6 February 2015 at 22:04.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more