on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Boeck family come from? What is the German Boeck family crest and coat of arms? When did the Boeck family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Boeck family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Boeckmann, Boeckman, Boechmann, Boechman, Boeckemann, Boeckeman, Boechemann, Boecheman, Bochmonn, Bokman, Bokmann and many more.
First found in Mecklenburg, where the name Boeckmann contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation which would later play a large role in the national conflicts of the area.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Boeck research. Another 117 words (8 lines of text) covering the year 1803 is included under the topic Early Boeck History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Boeck Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Boeck Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jean Wentzell Boeck, who arrived in Charles Town, South Carolina in 1782
Boeck Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Johann Boeck, who landed in Indiana in 1852
- Michael Boeck, who arrived in St Clair County, Illinois in 1860
Boeck Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Auguste Boeck, aged 30, who landed in America from Lundweg, Germany, in 1905
- Martha Boeck, aged 16, who settled in America from Lundweg, Germany, in 1905
- Maria Boeck, aged 10, who emigrated to the United States from Nuremburg, Germany, in 1907
- Marie Boeck, aged 39, who landed in America from Nuremburg, Germany, in 1907
- Anselmo Boeck, aged 32, who emigrated to America from Brussels, Belgium, in 1907
- Eugen von Boeck (1823-1823), German educator and scientist
- Cæsar Peter Møller Boeck (1845-1917), Norwegian dermatologist
- Christian Peder Bianco Boeck (1798-1877), Norwegian doctor, zoologist and mountaineer
- Julianus Marie August de Boeck (1865-1937), Flemish composer and organist
- Marcelo Boeck (b. 1984), Brazilian footballer
- Jonas Axel Boeck (1833-1873), Norwegian marine biologist
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
The Boeck Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Boeck Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 6 February 2015 at 22:04.
on orders of $85 or more