on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Boeck family come from? What is the German Boeck family crest and coat of arms? When did the Boeck family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Boeck family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Boeckmann, Boeckman, Boechmann, Boechman, Boeckemann, Boeckeman, Boechemann, Boecheman, Bochmonn, Bokman, Bokmann and many more.
First found in Mecklenburg, where the name Boeckmann contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation which would later play a large role in the national conflicts of the area.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Boeck research. Another 117 words(8 lines of text) covering the year 1803 is included under the topic Early Boeck History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Boeck Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Boeck Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jean Wentzell Boeck, who arrived in Charles Town, South Carolina in 1782
Boeck Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Johann Boeck, who landed in Indiana in 1852
- Michael Boeck, who arrived in St Clair County, Illinois in 1860
Boeck Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Auguste Boeck, aged 30, who landed in America from Lundweg, Germany, in 1905
- Martha Boeck, aged 16, who settled in America from Lundweg, Germany, in 1905
- Maria Boeck, aged 10, who emigrated to the United States from Nuremburg, Germany, in 1907
- Marie Boeck, aged 39, who landed in America from Nuremburg, Germany, in 1907
- Anselmo Boeck, aged 32, who emigrated to America from Brussels, Belgium, in 1907
- Eugen von Boeck (1823-1823), German educator and scientist
- Jonas Axel Boeck (1833-1873), Norwegian marine biologist
- Marcelo Boeck (b. 1984), Brazilian footballer
- Julianus Marie August de Boeck (1865-1937), Flemish composer and organist
- Christian Peder Bianco Boeck (1798-1877), Norwegian doctor, zoologist and mountaineer
- Cæsar Peter Møller Boeck (1845-1917), Norwegian dermatologist
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Boeck Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Boeck Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 6 February 2015 at 22:04.
on orders of $85 or more