Bodell History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Bodell family
The surname Bodell was first found in Prussia, where the name Bodecker was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal society of early Europe. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
Early History of the Bodell family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bodell research. Another 74 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1165 and 1594 are included under the topic Early Bodell History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bodell Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bodel, Bode, Bodell, bödel and others.
Early Notables of the Bodell family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Bodell Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bodell migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bodell Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- John Bodell, who arrived in Maryland in 1678 
Bodell Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Moses F Bodell, who arrived in New York in 1800 
Bodell migration to Australia +
Emigration to Australia
followed the First Fleets
of convicts, tradespeople and early settlers. Early immigrants include:
Bodell Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Mr. John Bodell who was convicted in Middlesex, England for 14 years, transported aboard the "Bussorah Merchant" on 24th March 1828, arriving in New South Wales, Australia 
Contemporary Notables of the name Bodell (post 1700) +
- Jack Bodell (1940-2016), English professional boxer
Historic Events for the Bodell family +
- Master Thomas Bodell Jr., Canadian 3rd Class passenger from Toronto, Ontario, Canada, who sailed aboard the RMS Lusitania and died in the sinking 
- Mrs. Florence Bodell, (née Saunders), Canadian 3rd Class passenger from Toronto, Ontario, Canada, who sailed aboard the RMS Lusitania and died in the sinking 
- Mr. Thomas Bodell, Canadian 3rd Class passenger from Toronto, Ontario, Canada, who sailed aboard the RMS Lusitania and died in the sinking 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ Convict Records Voyages to Australia (Retrieved 5th November 2020). Retrieved from https://convictrecords.com.au/ships/bussorah-merchant
- ^ Lusitania Passenger List - The Lusitania Resource. (Retrieved 2014, March 7) . Retrieved from http://www.rmslusitania.info/lusitania-passenger-list/