Bodeker History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Bodeker family
The surname Bodeker was first found in Prussia, where the name Bodecker was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal society of early Europe. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
Important Dates for the Bodeker family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bodeker research. Another 74 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1594, 1384, 1459, 1607, 1683, 1642 and 1652 are included under the topic Early Bodeker History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bodeker Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bodecker, Boddecker, Bodeckker, Bodecher, Boddecher, Bodeker, Bodekker, Boddekker, Bodicker, Boddicker, Boedecker, Boeddecker, Boedeckker, Boedecher, Boeddecher, Boedeker, Boeddekker, Boedicker, Boeddicker, Budecker, Buedecker, Buddecker, Bueddecker, Budeckker, Buedeckker, Budecher, Buedecher, Buddecher, Bueddecker, Budeker, Buedeker, Buddekker, Buedekker, Budicker, Buedicker, Buddicker and many more.
Early Notables of the Bodeker family (pre 1700)
Prominent bearers of the family name Bodeker during this time period were Stephan Bodecker (1384-1459), 37th Bishop of Brandenburg. Son of a poor cooper from Rathenow, he rose to become one of the most important of the bishops of Brandenburg. He is buried in the Cathedral of Ss. Peter and Paul...
Another 51 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bodeker Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bodeker migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Bodeker Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Bodeker Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Diederick William Bodeker who arrived in Baltimore, Maryland in 1739
- Diederick William Bodeker, who landed in Baltimore, Maryland in 1739 
- Arnold Bodeker, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1773 
- Arnold Bodeker, who settled in Philadelphia in 1773
Bodeker Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Bodeker, who settled in Philadelphia in 1864
Contemporary Notables of the name Bodeker (post 1700)
- Ralf Bödeker (b. 1958), former German footballer
- Friedrich Bödeker (1867-1937), German botanist
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)