Bocci History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Bocci family
The surname Bocci was first found in Genoa (Italian: Genova), a port on the Gulf of Genoa, capital of the province of Genoa. Genoa is also modernly known as Liguria. In the 4th century B.C it was occupied by the Greeks, destroyed by the Carthaginians in 209 B.C and restored by Rome who made it their headquarters. They survived the Lombard and Carolingan intrusions. Were well known for their naval prowess. Shipbuilding flourished in this natural sea port. Much migration took place to South America pre WWII. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Bocci family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bocci research.Another 181 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1133, 1620 and 1658 are included under the topic Early Bocci History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bocci Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Brocato, Brocardo, Bocardo, Boccardi, Bochiardo, Bocchiardi, Bocciardo, Bociardi, Brocarto, Brocato, Brochiardo, Brocciardi, Bucardus and many more.
Early Notables of the Bocci family (pre 1700)
Another 39 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bocci Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Bocci family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bocci Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Alfonso Bocci, aged 25, who landed in America from Sarnano, Italy, in 1910
- Aniceto Bocci, aged 32, who emigrated to the United States from Sarnano, Italy, in 1910
- Antonio Bocci, aged 47, who settled in America from Supino, Italy, in 1910
- Augusto Bocci, aged 24, who emigrated to America from Roma, Italy, in 1911
- Ascenzo Bocci, aged 17, who emigrated to the United States from S. Upectro, Italy, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Bocci Family Crest Products