Early Origins of the Bobo family
The surname Bobo was first found in Sardinia (Italian: Sardegna, Sardinian: Sardigna), the second largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. In 238 B.C the Carthaginians revolted and Rome took over. Saracens occupied 720 A.D. 1164 found Frederick Barbarosa giving the island to Barisone. Pisans succeeded in the 13th. Arragons took over in 1403 and it remained a Spanish province until the War of the Spanish Succession. At this time many of this military family branched to Spain
. In 1848 complete political union with Piedmont
and Italy was granted the island. Piedmont
, Piemonte, Pedemons, a territorial division of northern Italy at the foot of the Alps consisting of the provinces of Alessandria, Cuneo, Novara and Turin. Later Aosta and Vercelli were added and still later, Asti. History is related back to 49 B.C. The house of Savoy rose in 1000 A.D. Historical close links with Sardinia made traffic between the Island and the mainland popular and the Bobbo family established close links with Liguria and Alessandria. The latter family originated in 1300 with Giovani IV Bobba who was also of Moferrato. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Bobo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bobo research.Another 159 words (11 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bobo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bobo Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Bobo, Boba, Bobba, Bobbo, Bobbio, Boboe, Bobbeo and others.
Early Notables of the Bobo family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Bobo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Bobo family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bobo Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Alexander Bobo, aged 44, who emigrated to the United States, in 1892
- Ella J. Bobo, aged 41, who settled in America, in 1895
- Fred. Bobo, aged 14, who landed in America, in 1895
Bobo Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Ella Bobo, aged 34, who landed in America, in 1907
- Rosalivo Bobo, aged 35, who emigrated to the United States, in 1908
Contemporary Notables of the name Bobo (post 1700)
- John Bobo (b. 1958), former American football player and coach
- Natasha Bobo (b. 1980), American child actress
- John Paul Bobo (1943-1967), United States Marine Corps second lieutenant
- Hubert Lee Bobo (1934-1999), American football linebacker
- Orlando Bobo (1974-2007), former American football player
- Roger Bobo (b. 1938), renowned and critically acclaimed American tuba virtuoso and internationally respected brass pedagogue
- Elizabeth Bobo (b. 1943), American politician
- J.B. Bobo (1910-1996), American magician
- Jonah Bobo (b. 1997), American actor
- Eric Bobo (b. 1968), American percussionist
- ... (Another 4 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)