Blynky History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The chronicles of the Blynky family suggest that their ancestors may have been Viking settlers. Their surname comes from a place name of Norse origins, from when they lived in the counties of the Scottish/English Borderlands.
Early Origins of the Blynky family
The surname Blynky was first found in Cumberland at either Great Blencow or Little Blencow, townships in the parish of Greystock, union of Penrith, Leath ward. Of interest is this entry about Little Blencow: "Near an ancient house, once the residence of the Blencows, are some dispersed ruins of buildings, particularly those of a chapel, with a burial-ground adjoining; and near the road is an inclosed cemetery, in which stands a stone cross, with the arms of the family engraved on it." 
One of the first records of the family was that of Adam de Blencowe who was awarded land by Edward III in 1358 and was "Standard Bearer to William, Baron of Greystoke." 
It is thought that original family home was built in Great Blencow. The mansion of Ennim, just south of the village was the home for many years of the Blencow family. Blencowe Hall, just to the west of Little Blencow consists of two fortified pele towers joined by connecting buildings.
"The Blencowes of Oxfordshire are probably descended from the ancient family of the name that resided at Marston or Merston, Northamptonshire, for many generations, as far back as the reign of Henry VI.; to this family belonged Sir John Blencowe, a Judge of the Common Pleas." 
Early History of the Blynky family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Blynky research. Another 100 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1350, 1625, 1656, 1718, 1925, 1640, 1642, 1720, 1642, 1683, 1712 and 1701 are included under the topic Early Blynky History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Blynky Spelling Variations
The spellings of Scottish names dating from the medieval era often bear little resemblance to those seen today. They vary enormously because scribes in that time spelled according to their ears. Some spelling variations of the name Blynky include Blencoe, Blencow, Blencowe, Blacoe, Blackow, Blacowe, Blenco, Blenko, Blencko, Blanco and many more.
Early Notables of the Blynky family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family at this time was Henry Blencowe, High Sheriff of Cumberland in 1625; and Anne Blencowe, Lady Blencowe, née Wallis (1656-1718), an English compiler of recipes. It is generally thought that she developed an early version of what is now named a "stock cube" or "bouillon cube." She called her recipes "receipts" and were kept in the library of her daughter Susanna Jennens at Weston Hall. The house passed through the female line until the book was discovered by Georgia Sitwell who arranged for the book to be published in 1925...
Migration of the Blynky family
The farms of Scottish settlers soon dotted the east coast of the colonies that would become the nations of the United States and Canada. Many of those migrants and their children went on to play important roles in the founding the great nations of North America. Early North American immigration records have revealed a number of people bearing the Scottish name Blynky or a variant listed above, including: D. Blanco who arrived in New Orleans in 1823; Richard Blencowe arrived in New York in 1830; Richard Blencowe settled in Boston Massachusetts in 1774; and many more..
The motto was originally a war cry or slogan. Mottoes first began to be shown with arms in the 14th and 15th centuries, but were not in general use until the 17th century. Thus the oldest coats of arms generally do not include a motto. Mottoes seldom form part of the grant of arms: Under most heraldic authorities, a motto is an optional component of the coat of arms, and can be added to or changed at will; many families have chosen not to display a motto.
Motto: Quorsum vivere mori
Motto Translation: Wherefore live to die.