Early Origins of the Blundetto family
The surname Blundetto was first found in Sardinia (Italian: Sardegna, Sardinian: Sardigna), the second largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. In 238 B.C the Carthaginians revolted and Rome took over. Saracens occupied 720 A.D. 1164 found Frederick Barbarosa giving the island to Barisone. Pisans succeeded in the 13th. Arragons took over in 1403 and it remained a Spanish province until the War of the Spanish Succession. In 1848 complete political union with Piedmont
and Italy was granted. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. The name Blundetto comes from the Italian word "biondo," which means "blond." The name therefore most likely originated as a nickname
for someone with a very light beard or hair.
Early History of the Blundetto family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Blundetto research.Another 229 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1393 and 1663 are included under the topic Early Blundetto History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Blundetto Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Biondi, Bionda, Biundo, Biunno, Biunni, Blondi, Blundo, Blunno, Brundu, Biondelli, Biondellini, Biondetti, Bionducci, Biondillo, Blondelli, Blondetti, Blondet, Blundetto, Bondi, Bondy and many more.
Early Notables of the Blundetto family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Blundetto Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Blundetto family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Adelina Biondo, aged 40, who arrived at Ellis Island
from Porto Empedocle, Sicily
, in 1915; Agata Biondo, aged 15, who arrived at Ellis Island
from Cinisi, Sicily, in 1913.