on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the German Bloch family come from? What is the German Bloch family crest and coat of arms? When did the Bloch family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Bloch family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bloch, Block, Bloche, Blocher, Blochmann and others.
First found in Pomerania, where this family name became a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always prominent in social affairs, the name became an integral part of that eastern region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal System and the nation.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bloch research. Another 195 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1787, 1631, 1690, 1642, 1719, 1723, 1799, 1749 and 1839 are included under the topic Early Bloch History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 147 words (10 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bloch Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bloch Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johannes Bloch, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1766
Bloch Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Lazarus Bloch arrived in Philadelphia in 1840
- Emil Bloch, who arrived in Texas in 1850
- Karolina Bloch, aged 22, landed in America in 1854
- Ester Bloch, aged 17, landed in America in 1854
- Henry Bloch, aged 59, arrived in New York in 1854
Bloch Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Ernest Bloch, who arrived in America in 1915
- Alex Bloch, who landed in Alabama in 1924
- Elje Bloch, who landed in Alabama in 1924
- Jesse A. Bloch (b. 1879), American Republican politician, Member of West Virginia State House of Delegates from Ohio County, 1913-16; Member of West Virginia State Senate 1st District, 1919-22
- Edward James Bloch, American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York 24th District, 1984, 1986
- Charles Julian Bloch (1893-1974), American Democrat politician, Member of Georgia State House of Representatives from Bibb County, 1927-28; Presidential Elector for Georgia, 1932, 1948
- Allan R. Bloch, American Republican politician, Candidate in primary for Illinois State Senate 31st District, 1938
- Alan Neil Bloch (b. 1932), American politician, U.S. District Judge for the Western District of Pennsylvania, 1979-97; Resigned 1997
- Adam F. Bloch (1884-1940), American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Illinois 2nd District, 1922
- Julia Chang Bloch (b. 1942), American politician, U.S. Ambassador to Nepal, 1989-93
- Lester W. Bloch, American Republican politician, Candidate for New York State Assembly from Albany County 2nd District, 1930
- Maurice Bloch (1891-1929), American Democrat politician, Member of New York State Assembly, 1915-29
- Naomi Bloch, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Maryland, 2004
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
The Bloch Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bloch Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 19 October 2015 at 16:13.
on orders of $85 or more