Blitz History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Blitz surname comes from the German word "plötz," a type of fish. As such, the surname may have evolved from a nickname for someone thought to resemble the fish, or as an occupational name for someone who caught or sold these fish.
Early Origins of the Blitz family
The surname Blitz was first found in Saxony, where the name came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates and branches, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society.
Early History of the Blitz family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Blitz research. Another 111 words (8 lines of text) covering the year 1790 is included under the topic Early Blitz History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Blitz Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Plotz, Plots, Plotze, Plotzes, Plotse, Plottz, Plotts, Plootz, Ploots, Plottzes, Blotz, Blots and many more.
Early Notables of the Blitz family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Blitz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Blitz migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Blitz Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Enoch Blitz, who landed in New York, NY in 1709 
- And Blitz, aged 22, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1753 
- Paulus Blitz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1754 
- Johannes Blitz, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1764 
- Philip Blitz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1766 
Blitz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- F R Blitz, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1860 
- George Blitz, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1868 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Blitz (post 1700) ||+|
- Jeffrey Blitz, American Primetime Emmy Award winning film director, producer and screenwriter
- Julien Paul Blitz (1885-1951), American cellist, conductor, and teacher, the 1st music director of the Houston Symphony
- Lenore Blitz, American Democratic Party politician, Member, Credentials Committee, Democratic National Convention, 2008 
- Joseph Blitz, American Democratic Party politician, Candidate in primary for Michigan State House of Representatives 37th District, 1978 
- Howard Blitz, American Libertarian politician, Candidate for Presidential Elector for Arizona, 2012 
- Phile Blitz (b. 1984), ring name of Philip Cartner, a British professional wrestler
- Edouard E. Blitz (1860-1915), Belgium pianist, father of Julien Blitz
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html