Blazek History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The distinguished surname Blazek is derived from the Czech given name "Blazej," which is itself derived from "Blaise," an old Roman family name which was originally a byname for someone with a speech or gait defect. The name was popular in Europe due to the fame of St. Blaise of Armenia, and became popular under a number of forms as both a surname and a given name during the Middle Ages.
Early Origins of the Blazek family
The surname Blazek was first found in Bohemia, where it is thought to have first emerged. The earliest known bearer of the name was Conrad Blascke, who was living in Kassel, Germany
in 1380. The young Blazek family played a major role in the early history of the region, and contributed greatly to the development of medieval Bohemian society.
Early History of the Blazek family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Blazek research.Another 233 words (17 lines of text) covering the years 1380, 1439, 1599, 1712, 1753, and 1815 are included under the topic Early Blazek History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Blazek Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Blazek, Blasko, Blazej, Blasik, Blaszczyk, Blazow, Blasovics, Blaskovec and many more.
Early Notables of the Blazek family (pre 1700)
Another 31 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Blazek Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Blazek family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Blazek Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonia Blazek, aged 35, who emigrated to America, in 1904
- Auguste Blazek, aged 30, who landed in America from Amschelberg, Bohmeia, in 1905
- Anna Blazek, aged 18, who landed in America from Rohozec, Bohemia, in 1908
- Anastazie Blazek, aged 19, who landed in America from Radnice, Bohemia, in 1909
- Anna Blazek, aged 20, who settled in America from D. Krupa, Austria, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Blazek (post 1700)
- Michael Robert Blazek (b. 1989), American Major League Baseball pitcher for the Milwaukee Brewers
- Rudy Blazek, American associate professor of mathematics at the University of Southern California
- Charles Edward Blazek, American science-fiction/paranormal author
- Lucie-Anne Blazek (b. 1984), Swiss silver medalist figure skater in 2004
Blazek Family Crest Products