Bitzer History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Bitzer family
The surname Bitzer was first found in Bavaria, where the name Betz.was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Early History of the Bitzer family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bitzer research. Another 98 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1603, 1677, 1733, and 1811 are included under the topic Early Bitzer History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bitzer Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Betz, Betze, Betzer, Betzen, Betzenstein, Betzhold, Betzler, Petz, Beitz and many more.
Early Notables of the Bitzer family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Bitzer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bitzer migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bitzer Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Hans Balthass Bitzer, who arrived in America in 1740 
- Hans Baltes Bitzer, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1746 
- Johannes Bitzer, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1750 
- Anna Bitzer, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1750
- Lucia Bitzer, who arrived in America in 1750 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Bitzer Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Frederick F Bitzer, aged 24, who arrived in Mobile, Ala in 1853 
- John Bitzer, who landed in Colorado in 1884 
Contemporary Notables of the name Bitzer (post 1700) +
- Edmond Conrad Bitzer (b. 1905), American metallurgical engineer
- Donald Bitzer, American engineer, Research Professor in the Department of Computer Science at North Carolina State University, best known as the inventor of the plasma display
- Georg William "Billy" Bitzer (1872-1944), American pioneering cinematographer
- Lloyd Bitzer (b. 1931), American Professor Emeritus at the University of Wisconsin–Madison College of Letters and Science
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)