Bittinger History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Bittinger family
The surname Bittinger was first found in Germany. And, while a specific early location of this name could not be found, names ending in the suffix "-er," generally come from the Westphalia region, while names ending in "-gen" are usually from the Rhineland. By the late Middle Ages, bearers of the name were established in Luxemburg, where bearers of Bettingen were granted coats of arms. The variation of this name Bettin, was anciently found in Solothurn.
Early History of the Bittinger family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bittinger research. Another 66 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1649 and 1709 are included under the topic Early Bittinger History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bittinger Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bettinger, Bettingen, Betting and others.
Early Notables of the Bittinger family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Bittinger Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Bittinger is the 12,271st most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Bittinger migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bittinger Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Nicholas Bittinger, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1768 
- Henry Bittinger, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1769 
Bittinger Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Catharine Bittinger, aged 30, who landed in New York in 1854 
Contemporary Notables of the name Bittinger (post 1700) +
- C. Adam Bittinger, American politician, Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives (1977-1978)
- Charles Bittinger (1879-1970), American artist who contributed to American naval camouflage during World War I
- René Bittinger (b. 1954), French former professional road bicycle racer
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)