on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Binder family come from? What is the German Binder family crest and coat of arms? When did the Binder family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Binder family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Binder, Binnder, Bindder, Binderr, Biender, Biennder and many more.
First found in Austria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into several houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Binder research. Another 373 words(27 lines of text) covering the years 1700, 1789, 1723, 1763 and 1545 are included under the topic Early Binder History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 21 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Binder Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Binder Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Hans Georg Binder, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732
- Theopel Binder settled in Carolina in 1738 with his wife and three children
- Albrecht Fried Binder, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1744
- Albrecht Friedrich Binder, who settled in Philadelphia in 1744
- Catherine Binder, who landed in New York, NY in 1749
Binder Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- C W Binder, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850
- Civink Binder, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1852
- Engelbert Binder, aged 17, arrived in New York in 1854
- Gottlieb Binder, aged 20, arrived in New York in 1854
- Fred Binder arrived in Delaware in 1857
Binder Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Frank Binder, who landed in Mississippi in 1903
Binder Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Brerton Binder arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Bolton" in 1849
- Abraham Binder (1895-1966), American composer
- Julius Binder (1870-1939), German lawyer and philosopher
- Theodor Binder (b. 1919), German-born Peruvian physician
- Franz Binder (1911-1989), Austrian football player and trainer
- Hans Binder (b. 1948), Austrian race car (Formula One) driver
- Heinrich Wilhelm Karl Maria Binder (b. 1947), Austrian neurologist
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
The Binder Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Binder Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 April 2015 at 06:45.
on orders of $85 or more