Biery History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The German surname Biery is generally thought to be derived from the word "bier" and "mann, " which translates to "beer-man." Thus the original bearer of the name was likely a tavern owner, a brewer, or someone whose occupation involved beer.
Early Origins of the Biery family
The surname Biery was first found in the region of the Rhineland-Palatinate, where the ancestors of bearers of the Biery surname were an integral part of the local communities, and contributed to the development of the Feudal System that became the backbone of early European society. Records of this surname in Germany date back as far as the thirteenth century. In the year 1290, there were two men bearing this name: Rudolf, and Wernher genannt (called) die Biermenlin in the town of Esslingen. There is also a record of a Werner der Bierman, whose name appeared in a document in Wurttemburg in 1349.
Important Dates for the Biery family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Biery research. More information is included under the topic Early Biery History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Biery Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bier, Bierman, Biermann, Behrman, Behrmann and others.
Early Notables of the Biery family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Biery Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Biery migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Biery Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Biery Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Joseph Biery, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1739 
Contemporary Notables of the name Biery (post 1700)
- Uriah Biery, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Pennsylvania, 1900 
- Thomas L. Biery, American Democrat politician, Candidate for West Virginia State House of Delegates, 1972, 1974 
- Samuel Frederick Biery Jr. (b. 1947), American politician, U.S. District Judge for the Western District of Texas, 1994-2000 
- James Soloman Biery (1839-1904), American Republican politician, U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania 6th District, 1873-75; Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Pennsylvania, 1884 
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 28) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html