Biegel History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Biegel family
The surname Biegel was first found in Hessen, where the name Biegeleben was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. The Biegeleben family branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Early History of the Biegel family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Biegel research. Another 160 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1809 and 1810 are included under the topic Early Biegel History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Biegel Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Biegeleben, Biegelleben, Biegelebben, Biegelebenn, Beigeleben, Beigelleben, Beigelebben, Bieggeleben, Biegeleven, Biegelleven, Biegelevven, Biegelevenn and many more.
Early Notables of the Biegel family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Biegel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Biegel migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Biegel Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Frederick Biegel, who settled in Philadelphia in 1736
- Wilhelm Henrich Biegel, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1764 
- Christopher Biegel, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1773 
- Christopher Biegel, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1773
Biegel Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Andreas Biegel, who settled in America in 1836
- Miss Biegel, who landed in North America in 1846 
- Michael Biegel, who landed in America in 1856 
Contemporary Notables of the name Biegel (post 1700)
- Gina M. Biegel, American author and psychotherapist
- Vince Biegel (b. 1994), American football outside linebacker
- Kevin Biegel, American television writer and producer, the co-creator of Cougar Town and creator of Enlisted
- Erwin Biegel (1896-1954), German stage and film actor who appeared in over 80 features
- Paul Biegel (1925-2006), Dutch writer of children's literature, perhaps best known for his The King of the Copper Mountains
- Anton Biegel, Austrian bronze medalist slalom canoeist at the 1963 World Championships
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)