Bezuidenhout History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The distinguished surname Bezuidenhout is Dutch in origin. It is derived from the Dutch words "zuid," meaning "south," and "hout," meaning "forest," and once denoted a region south of the Hague forest. The name was probably first borne by a resident of this region or, alternatively, by someone living south of a prominent forest.
Early Origins of the Bezuidenhout family
The surname Bezuidenhout was first found in Holland, where the name is thought to have emerged. Dutch surnames were not borne by the common classes until 1811, when they were made obligatory by Napoleon; as records of the name Bezuidenhout extend back to the 17th century, it can be assumed that the family was one of status.
Early History of the Bezuidenhout family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bezuidenhout research. Another 76 words (5 lines of text) covering the year 1668 is included under the topic Early Bezuidenhout History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bezuidenhout Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bezuidenhout, Bezouidenhout, Bezoet, Bezoetdebie and others.
Early Notables of the Bezuidenhout family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Bezuidenhout Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In South Africa, the name Bezuidenhout is the 157th most popular surname with an estimated 39,308 people with that name. 
Bezuidenhout migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bezuidenhout Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Gert Pieter Bezuidenhout, aged 23, who landed in America from Bermuda, in 1903
Contemporary Notables of the name Bezuidenhout (post 1700) +
- Carl Bezuidenhout (b. 1986), former South African rugby union footballer
- Ryan Bezuidenhout (b. 1986), Zimbabwean first-class cricketer
- Martin Johannes Bezuidenhout (b. 1989), South African rugby union footballer
- Stephanus Marthinus "Stoof" Bezuidenhout (b. 1986), South African rugby union player who currently plays for the Leopards
- Steve Bezuidenhout (b. 1957), Namibian politician, Vice President of the Rally for Democracy and Progres
- Frederik Bezuidenhout, South African whose death by shooting in 1815 prompted the "Slagters Nek" Rebellion of Afrikaner frontiersmen
- Alicia Louise Bezuidenhout (b. 1967), South African international cricketer
- Dawid Bezuidenhout (1935-1998), South African teacher and politician
- Kristian Bezuidenhout (b. 1979), Australian pianist
Related Stories +
- ^ https://forebears.io/south-africa/surnames