on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Betz family come from? What is the German Betz family crest and coat of arms? When did the Betz family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Betz family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Betz, Betze, Betzer, Betzen, Betzenstein, Betzhold, Betzler, Petz, Beitz and many more.
First found in Bavaria, where the name Betz.was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Betz research. Another 168 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1603, 1677, 1733, and 1811 are included under the topic Early Betz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 24 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Betz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Betz Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Anna Maria Betz, who landed in New York, NY in 1709
- Melchior Betz, who landed in America in 1738
- Johan Wilhelm Betz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1740
- Hans Georg Betz, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1748
- Matheas Betz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1748
Betz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- J J Betz, aged 19, landed in Pennsylvania in 1804
- Henry Betz, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1834
- Adam Betz, who settled in New York in 1839
- Jacob Betz, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1841
- Frederick Betz, who landed in New York in 1844
Betz Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Emilie Betz, aged 15, landed in New York, NY in 1912
- Helena Betz, aged 3, landed in New York, NY in 1912
- Jakob Betz, aged 36, landed in New York, NY in 1912
- Pauline Betz, aged 31, arrived in New York, NY in 1912
- Carl Betz (1920-1978), American actor, best known for the role of Dr. Alex Stone on The Donna Reed Show
- Pauline May Betz (b. 1919), American tennis player, inducted in the International Tennis Hall of Fame in 1965
- Peter Betz (1949-1988), Philadelphia Phillies executive
- Matthew Betz (1881-1938), American film actor who appeared in 125 films
- Claire Smith Betz (1921-2014), American part owner of the Philadelphia Phillies baseball team
- Albert Betz (1885-1968), German Engineer, pioneer of wind energy technology
- Hans-Dieter Betz (b. 1940), German experimental physicist and emeritus professor
- Franz Betz (1835-1900), German bass-baritone opera singer
- Paul Otto Ferdinand Betz (1895-1944), German Generalmajor in the Wehrmacht during World War II, recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross
- Karl Betz (1907-1942), German Major in the Wehrmacht during World War II, recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross
- The Ancestors and Descendants of Herman Buechele and Mary Rehklau and Michael Kirchner and Barbara Betz by Ruth Buchele Doerr.
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
The Betz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Betz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 February 2015 at 16:26.
on orders of $85 or more