The Bernardini surname was created from the personal name
Bernardo, originally a Germanic name.
Early Origins of the Bernardini family
The surname Bernardini was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna
Region. The famous University of Bolgna was founded in the 11th century, by the 13th century the student body was nearly 10,000. Dante and Petrarch studied there. Tisso was tried there for 1564 for writing satirical poems. Bologna naturally, is famous for its sausages. But many noted scholars were born there. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Early History of the Bernardini family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bernardini research.Another 110 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1576, 1775, 1475, 1502, 1541, 1605, 1598 and 1680 are included under the topic Early Bernardini History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bernardini Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Bernardi, Bernardo, Bernardis, Bernard, Bernardelli, Bernardello, Bernardini, De Bernardinis, Bernardino, Bernardotti, Bernardoni, Berni, Berno, Bernetti, Bernotti, Bernaroli, Bernero and many more.
Early Notables of the Bernardini family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Pietro Bernardino dei Fanciulli (Petrus Bernardinus) (c.1475-1502), a follower of Savonarola; Giovanni Maria Bernardoni (1541–1605), a Jesuit monk and an Italian architect who was the... Another 31 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bernardini Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Bernardini family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bernardini Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Marie Bernardini, age 29, who arrived in America on June 7, 1880, aboard the "Victoria," sailing from London
Bernardini Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Adone Bernardini, aged 26, who landed in America from Poli, Italy, in 1908
- Alessio Bernardini, aged 39, who landed in America from Aschio, Italy, in 1909
- Angelo Bernardini, aged 16, who settled in America from Coreglia, Italy, in 1911
- Annita Bernardini, aged 2, who emigrated to the United States from Mercatello, Italy, in 1912
- Adalnina Bernardini, aged 27, who emigrated to the United States from Sestola, Italy, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Bernardini (post 1700)
- Albino Bernardini (1917-2015), Italian writer and pedagogue
- Marcello Bernardini (1730-1740), Italian composer and librettist
- Severino Bernardini (b. 1966), former Italian long-distance runner
- Adriano Bernardini (b. 1942), the current Apostolic Nuncio to Italy and San Marino
- Fulvio Bernardini (1905-1984), Italian footballer and coach
- Tiago Bernardini (b. 1979), Brazilian football defender
- Bernardini Ramazzini (1633-1714), Italian physician
Bernardini Family Crest Products