Bergerman History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The German surname Bergerman is derived from the word "berg," which means "hill," or "mountain." Thus, the first of the name were likely people who lived on or by a hill or mountain.
Early Origins of the Bergerman family
The surname Bergerman was first found in West Prussia, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation which would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local social and political affairs.
Important Dates for the Bergerman family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bergerman research. Another 135 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1617, 1748, 1761, 1836, 1840, 1866, and 1878 are included under the topic Early Bergerman History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bergerman Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bergmann, Bergman, Bergemann (Cologne, Westphalia) and many more.
Early Notables of the Bergerman family (pre 1700)
Notable figures of the period with the name Bergerman were Israel von Bergmann (d.1748), the Lord of the manor Tetterin near the town Anklam in Pomerania, who became an influential Privy Councillor at the royal court of Prussia. Ernst von Bergmann (1836-1907) was Professor of Surgery...
Another 46 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bergerman Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bergerman migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bergerman Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Meyer Bergerman, aged 26, who landed in America from Korety, in 1895
- Thomas Bergerman, aged 25, who settled in America from Paisley, in 1899
Bergerman Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- W.H Bergerman, aged 24, who immigrated to the United States from Paris, France, in 1909
- Nuchym Bergerman, aged 27, who immigrated to the United States from Krasnystov, Poland, in 1920
Contemporary Notables of the name Bergerman (post 1700)
- George M. Bergerman, American Republican politician, Justice of New York Supreme Court 9th District; Elected 2001 
You May Also Like
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 4) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html