Benegas History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The distinguished surname Benegas has its origins in the south of the Iberian peninsula. The surname Benegas is derived from the personal name of the father of the original bearer. In this case, the surname is derived from the personal name Egas, and thus signifies "son or descendant of Egas."
Early Origins of the Benegas family
The surname Benegas was first found in areas throughout the kingdom of Andalusia. Early records have shown that the surname Benegas may have also originated in Portugal.
Early History of the Benegas family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Benegas research. Another 43 words (3 lines of text) covering the years 1553, 1599, 1576, 1624 and 1730 are included under the topic Early Benegas History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Benegas Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Venegas, Benegas, Viegas and others.
Early Notables of the Benegas family (pre 1700)
Another 65 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Benegas Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Benegas migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Benegas Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Juan Benegas, who landed in New Spain in 1835 
- Manuel Benegas, aged 29, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1872 
Contemporary Notables of the name Benegas (post 1700) +
- Tony Benegas, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Washington, 2008 
- José María "Txiki" Benegas Haddad (1948-2015), Spanish politician for the Spanish Socialist Workers' Party (PSOE)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 1) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html