on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Spanish Benavidez family come from? What is the Spanish Benavidez family crest and coat of arms? When did the Benavidez family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Benavidez family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Benevides, Benavides and others.
First found in Asturias, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Benavidez research. Another 600 words (43 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Benavidez History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Benavidez Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Benavidez Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Joaquin Benavidez, aged 30, who emigrated to the United States, in 1896
Benavidez Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angel Benavidez, aged 21, who settled in America from Paris, France, in 1918
- Marie Louis Benavidez, aged 1, who emigrated to America from Paris, France, in 1918
- Leopoldo Benavidez, aged 23, who landed in America from Bogota, Columbia, in 1919
- Master Sergeant Raul "Roy" Perez Benavidez (1935-1998), American member of the Studies and Observations Group of the United States Army, recipient of the Medal of Honor
- José Luis Benavidez Jr. (b. 1992), undefeated Mexican-American professional boxer
- Joseph Rolando Benavidez (b. 1984), American mixed martial artist
- Exequiel Emanuel Benavídez (b. 1989), Argentine football midfielder
- Teddy Benavídez, Filipino actor, active from 1936 through 1988
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
The Benavidez Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Benavidez Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 19 October 2015 at 21:22.
on orders of $85 or more