Beltrami History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Beltrami family
The surname Beltrami was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna Region. The famous University of Bolgna was founded in the 11th century, by the 13th century the student body was nearly 10,000. Dante and Petrarch studied there. Tisso was tried there for 1564 for writing satirical poems. Bologna naturally, is famous for its sausages. But many noted scholars were born there. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Early History of the Beltrami family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Beltrami research. Another 116 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1282, 1595, and 1697 are included under the topic Early Beltrami History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Beltrami Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Beltrami, Beltrame, Beltrano, Beltran, Beltrandi, Beltrando, Beltrand, Bertrami, Bertram, Bertrandi, Bertrando, Beltramelli, Bertrandi, Beltramini, Bertramelli, Bertamin, Tramell and many more.
Early Notables of the Beltrami family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Beltrami Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Beltrami migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Beltrami Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Lud Beltrami who arrived in America in 1855
- Julius Beltrami who settled in California in 1890
|Contemporary Notables of the name Beltrami (post 1700) ||+|
- Marco Beltrami, American (of Italian heritage), film composer
- Enzo Beltrami, Italian economist
- Eugenio Beltrami (1835-1900), Italian mathematician
- Adelmo Beltrami (1944-1972), Italian painter
- Giacomo Costantino Beltrami (1779-1855), Italian naturalist and famed explorer, who located a route to the source of the Mississippi River
- Mr. Edwin Joseph Beltrami C.B.E., British Chief Crown Prosecutor London North for the Crown Prosecution Service was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire on 17th June 2017, for services to Law and Order
- Emidio Beltrami, twentieth century poet