Belsky History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Belsky family
The surname Belsky was first found in Polesie, the largest province of Poland. It is inhabited by Ruthenians, called Polesians, of Ukrainian descent. The main towns are those of Brest Litovsk, Pinsk, Kobryn, Kamenets, Litovsk, and Luninets. It was in this province that the renowned Radziwills and Sapiehas held their vast estates. The surname became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Important Dates for the Belsky family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Belsky research. Another 158 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1502, 1552, 1600, 1677, and 1687 are included under the topic Early Belsky History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Belsky Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Belczyk, Bielska, Belecki, Belewski, Bélik, Belski, Belitsh and many more.
Early Notables of the Belsky family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Belsky Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Belsky migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Belsky Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Belsky Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Aloisie Belsky, who settled in Chicago in 1861
- Anton Belsky, who settled in New York, NY in 1869
- Carl Belsky, who settled in New York, NY in 1879
Contemporary Notables of the name Belsky (post 1700)
- Michael D. Belsky, American politician, Mayor of Highland Park, Illinois, 2007
- Joseph Belsky, American politician, Candidate for New York State Assembly from New York County 8th District, 1935; Candidate for New York State Senate 20th District, 1938
- Abraham Belsky, American politician, Candidate for New York State Assembly, 1927 (Kings County 1st District), 1928 (Kings County 1st District), 1932 (Kings County 14th District)
You May Also Like