Bellotti History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Bellotti family
The surname Bellotti was first found in Verona, a city in Venetia, Italy capital of the province of Verona. This ancient city was the chief town of the Cenomani, a Gaulish tribe and became a Latin town in 89 B.C. It became part of Lombardy(568,) Frankish, Bartolmeo ruled and died in 1304. It is said to be the home of Romeo and Juliet. The city is rich in churches, museums, galleries, paintings, sculptures, statues and monuments. The cathedral was consecrated in 1187. The Bellini family were well established in records of the city before the year 1406. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Bellotti family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bellotti research. Another 146 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1406, 1478, 1430, 1516, 1429, 1507, 1474, 1625, 1700, 1643, 1704, 1625 and 1700 are included under the topic Early Bellotti History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bellotti Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bellini, Bellami, Bellino, Bellin, Belli, Bellene, Bellani and many more.
Early Notables of the Bellotti family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this family in early times was Giovanni Bellini (c.1430-1516), a Venetian Renaissance painter, the best known of the Bellini family of painters; Gentile Bellini (c. 1429-1507), an Italian painter, from 1474 he was the official portrait artist for the...
Another 42 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bellotti Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Bellotti family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Johann Belli, who arrived in Georgia sometime between 1733 and 1783; Anselme Belisle, who arrived in New Orleans in 1767; Waters Belli, who came to Missouri in 1793.
Contemporary Notables of the name Bellotti (post 1700) +
- Robert Michael "Mike" Bellotti (b. 1950), American college football analyst for ESPN and ABC, inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2014
- Francis Xavier Bellotti (b. 1923), American lawyer and politician, 61st Lieutenant Governor of Massachusetts (1963-1965), 54th Massachusetts Attorney General (1975-1987)
- Peter Bellotti, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Massachusetts, 1980
- Francis X. Bellotti, American Democrat politician, Lieutenant Governor of Massachusetts, 1963-65; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Massachusetts, 1964, 1980; Candidate for Governor of Massachusetts, 1964
- Francesco Bellotti (b. 1979), Italian professional road bicycle racer
- David Frank Bellotti (1943-2015), British politician and football executive and politician, Member of Parliament for Eastbourne (1990-1992), CEO of Brighton & Hove Albion
- Derek Christopher Bellotti (b. 1946), English retired professional footballer who played from 1966 to 1997
Related Stories +