Beidler History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Beidler was derived from Middle High German word "biderbe" which means "honest, upright" and one of the first records of the name was Biderbeman sacerdos [priest] in 1262. The next record of the name was in the 14th century when Duke Leopold de Biderbe was listed. 
Early Origins of the Beidler family
The surname Beidler was first found in Switzerland, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation which would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses in Switzerland, Austria and Saxony, each playing a significant role in the local social and political affairs.
Early History of the Beidler family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Beidler research. Another 209 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1676, 1802, 1819, and 1885 are included under the topic Early Beidler History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Beidler Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Biedermann, Biederman, Biedderman, Beydermann, Beyddermann and many more.
Early Notables of the Beidler family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Beidler Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Beidler migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Beidler Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Christian Beidler, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1743 
- Peter Beidler, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1743 
- Ulna Beidler, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1743 
- Ulrick Beidler, who landed in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania in 1743 
- John Beidler, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1761 
Contemporary Notables of the name Beidler (post 1700) +
- Philip Douglas Beidler (1944-2022), American professor of literature at the University of Alabama, and the author and editor of books on Alabama literature, the Vietnam War, and other topics
- Jacob Atlee Beidler (1852-1912), American Republican politician, U.S. Representative from Ohio 20th District, 1901-07 
- H. M. Beidler, American politician, Mayor of Texarkana, Arkansas, 1880-81 
- George A. Beidler, American Republican politician, Postmaster at Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 1889-94, 1897-98 
Related Stories +
- ^ Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns.)Dictionary of German Names Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7)
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 29) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html