Behrendt History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Behrendt family
The surname Behrendt was first found in Saxony, where the name Behrent was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal society which would become prominent throughout European history. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
Early History of the Behrendt family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Behrendt research. Another 71 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1792, 1630, 1714 and 1792 are included under the topic Early Behrendt History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Behrendt Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Behrend, Behrent, Behrente, Behrentes, Behren, Behrens, Behrend, Behrends, Behrens, Berent, Berend, Berends and many more.
Early Notables of the Behrendt family (pre 1700)
Another 47 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Behrendt Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Behrendt migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Behrendt Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- J Behrendt, who landed in New York in 1850 
- Juliann Behrendt, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850 
- Vincent Behrendt, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1850 
- Adolph Behrendt, aged 24, who arrived in New York, NY in 1860 
Contemporary Notables of the name Behrendt (post 1700) +
- Henry A. Behrendt, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Michigan State Senate 3rd District, 1918; Democratic Candidate for U.S. Representative from Michigan 13th District, 1926, 1928 
- Allan D. Behrendt, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for Michigan State House of Representatives from Wayne County 1st District, 1950 
Historic Events for the Behrendt family +
- Walter Behrendt (1909-1941), German Stabsobermaschinist who served aboard the German Battleship Bismarck during World War II when it was sunk heading to France; he died in the sinking 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 29) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ Bismarck & Tirpitz Class - Crew List Bismarck. (Retrieved 2018, February 06). Retrieved from https://www.bismarck-class.dk/bismarck/crew/bismarck_crew.html#crew_details