on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Behling family come from? What is the German Behling family crest and coat of arms? When did the Behling family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Behling family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Balcke, Belke, Behlke, Balck, Bahlke and others.
First found in Stitten in Mecklenburg, where the family played an important role in the development of an emerging nation, and would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. Over time, the family name branched into other houses, where their influence continued to be felt because of the important role they played in the local social and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Behling research. Another 139 words(10 lines of text) covering the year 1706 is included under the topic Early Behling History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Behling Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Behling Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Carel. Behling, who landed in North America in 1832
- Luder F Behling, who arrived in Charleston, South Carolina in 1838
- Dorothea Luise Behling, aged 54, arrived in America in 1843
- Ernest F Behling, who arrived in Charleston, South Carolina in 1844
Behling Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Carl Behling, aged 38, landed in Quebec in 1868
- Johan Behling, aged 48, landed in Quebec in 1868
- Robert Behling (b. 1991), German silver and three-time bronze medalist slalom canoer
- Christoph Behling (b. 1970), Swiss-born product designer and founder of Christoph Behling Design, London in 2004
- Clarence Richard "Dick" Behling (1916-1994), Canadian former professional NHL hockey player from Kitchener, Ontario
- Robert E. Behling (b. 1965), United States Antarctic Research Program, summer 1965-66 member, eponym of Mount Behling, Antarctica
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
The Behling Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Behling Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 20 September 2012 at 14:12.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more