on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the German Behling family come from? What is the German Behling family crest and coat of arms? When did the Behling family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Behling family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Balcke, Belke, Behlke, Balck, Bahlke and others.
First found in Stitten in Mecklenburg, where the family played an important role in the development of an emerging nation, and would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. Over time, the family name branched into other houses, where their influence continued to be felt because of the important role they played in the local social and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Behling research. Another 139 words (10 lines of text) covering the year 1706 is included under the topic Early Behling History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Behling Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Behling Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Carel. Behling, who landed in North America in 1832
- Luder F Behling, who arrived in Charleston, South Carolina in 1838
- Dorothea Luise Behling, aged 54, arrived in America in 1843
- Ernest F Behling, who arrived in Charleston, South Carolina in 1844
Behling Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Carl Behling, aged 38, landed in Quebec in 1868
- Johan Behling, aged 48, landed in Quebec in 1868
- Fred L. Behling, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Minnesota, 1956
- Robert Behling (b. 1991), German silver and three-time bronze medalist slalom canoer
- Robert E. Behling (b. 1965), United States Antarctic Research Program, summer 1965-66 member, eponym of Mount Behling, Antarctica
- Clarence Richard "Dick" Behling (1916-1994), Canadian former professional NHL hockey player from Kitchener, Ontario
- Christoph Behling (b. 1970), Swiss-born product designer and founder of Christoph Behling Design, London in 2004
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
The Behling Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Behling Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 29 January 2016 at 09:20.
on orders of $85 or more