Beermann History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The German surname Beermann is generally thought to be derived from the word "bier" and "mann, " which translates to "beer-man." Thus the original bearer of the name was likely a tavern owner, a brewer, or someone whose occupation involved beer.
Early Origins of the Beermann family
The surname Beermann was first found in the region of the Rhineland-Palatinate, where the ancestors of bearers of the Beermann surname were an integral part of the local communities, and contributed to the development of the Feudal System that became the backbone of early European society. Records of this surname in Germany date back as far as the thirteenth century. In the year 1290, there were two men bearing this name: Rudolf, and Wernher genannt (called) die Biermenlin in the town of Esslingen. There is also a record of a Werner der Bierman, whose name appeared in a document in Wurttemburg in 1349.
Important Dates for the Beermann family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Beermann research. More information is included under the topic Early Beermann History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Beermann Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bier, Bierman, Biermann, Behrman, Behrmann and others.
Early Notables of the Beermann family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Beermann Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Beermann migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Beermann Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Franziska Beermann, who landed in America in 1842 
- Anton Beermann, who landed in America in 1847 
- Elis Beermann, who arrived in America in 1847 
- Gerh Heinr Beermann, who arrived in America in 1848 
- Karl Beermann, who landed in North America in 1866 
Contemporary Notables of the name Beermann (post 1700)
- Ralph Frederick Beermann (1912-1977), American Republican politician, U.S. Representative from Nebraska, 1961-65 
- Janine Beermann (b. 1983), German field hockey player at the 2008 Summer Olympics
- Timo Beermann (b. 1990), German footballer
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 11) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html