on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Bechtold family come from? What is the German Bechtold family crest and coat of arms? When did the Bechtold family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Bechtold family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bechtold, Bechtolt, Bechtoldt, Becktolt, Beckholt, Beckholdt, Becktold, Becktoldt, Bechthold, Beckthold, Bechtholdt, Becktholdt, Bechtolf, Bechtolff, Bechetold, Becketold, Becketoldt, Bechtle, Bechtel and many more.
First found in Hessen, where the family contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation. The earliest bearers of this name to be mentioned in ancient chronicles were Bechtold of Fulda in 1387, Bechtold Suleffel of Frankfurt in 1442, and Tibertius Bechtolf of Frankfurt in 1568.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bechtold research. Another 212 words(15 lines of text) covering the years 1795, 1810, 1829, 1840, and 1856 are included under the topic Early Bechtold History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 41 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bechtold Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bechtold Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Hans Stephen Bechtold, who arrived in America in 1738
- Kath Bechtold, who arrived in America in 1738
- Maria Kath Bechtold, who arrived in America in 1738
- Veit Bechtold, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1738
- Zacharia Bechtold, who arrived in America in 1738
Bechtold Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Bernhard Bechtold, who landed in Texas in 1845
- Bernhard Bechtold settled in Texas in 1845
- Ph Gotthar Bechtold, who arrived in St Clair County, Illinois in 1855
- Fred W Bechtold, who arrived in St Clair County, Illinois in 1857
- Herman Bechtold, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1878
Bechtold Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Michael Bechtold, aged 19, landed in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1902
- Emil Bechtold, aged 18, landed in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1902
- Charles Louis Bechtold (b. 1928), American chemical engineer
- Adolf Bechtold (b. 1926), German footballer
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
The Bechtold Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bechtold Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 31 May 2012 at 18:59.
on orders of $85 or more