on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the German Bechtold family come from? What is the German Bechtold family crest and coat of arms? When did the Bechtold family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Bechtold family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bechtold, Bechtolt, Bechtoldt, Becktolt, Beckholt, Beckholdt, Becktold, Becktoldt, Bechthold, Beckthold, Bechtholdt, Becktholdt, Bechtolf, Bechtolff, Bechetold, Becketold, Becketoldt, Bechtle, Bechtel and many more.
First found in Hessen, where the family contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation. The earliest bearers of this name to be mentioned in ancient chronicles were Bechtold of Fulda in 1387, Bechtold Suleffel of Frankfurt in 1442, and Tibertius Bechtolf of Frankfurt in 1568. Bachtel is a mountain of the Zurich Upperland, Swiss Prealps in the canton of Zurich. Atop of the mountain is Bachtel Tower, a 60 m (200 ft) tall radio tower.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bechtold research. Another 399 words (28 lines of text) covering the years 1829, 1840, 1810, 1795, 1856 and 1795 are included under the topic Early Bechtold History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 61 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bechtold Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bechtold Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Hans Stephen Bechtold, who arrived in America in 1738
- Kath Bechtold, who arrived in America in 1738
- Maria Kath Bechtold, who arrived in America in 1738
- Veit Bechtold, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1738
- Zacharia Bechtold, who arrived in America in 1738
Bechtold Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Bernhard Bechtold, who landed in Texas in 1845
- Bernhard Bechtold settled in Texas in 1845
- Ph Gotthar Bechtold, who arrived in St Clair County, Illinois in 1855
- Fred W Bechtold, who arrived in St Clair County, Illinois in 1857
- Herman Bechtold, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1878
Bechtold Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Michael Bechtold, aged 19, landed in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1902
- Emil Bechtold, aged 18, landed in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1902
- Mary C. O'M. Bechtold, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New Jersey, 1944
- Karl K. Bechtold (b. 1910), American Republican politician, Member of New York State Senate 46th District, 1939-42
- Charles Louis Bechtold (b. 1928), American chemical engineer
- Adolf Bechtold (b. 1926), German footballer
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
The Bechtold Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bechtold Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 16 December 2015 at 09:48.
on orders of $85 or more