Bechtol History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Bechtol family
The surname Bechtol was first found in Hessen, where the family contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation. The earliest bearers of this name to be mentioned in ancient chronicles were Bechtold of Fulda in 1387, Bechtold Suleffel of Frankfurt in 1442, and Tibertius Bechtolf of Frankfurt in 1568. Bachtel is a mountain of the Zurich Upperland, Swiss Prealps in the canton of Zurich. Atop of the mountain is Bachtel Tower, a 60 m (200 ft) tall radio tower.
Early History of the Bechtol family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bechtol research. Another 200 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1829, 1840, 1810, 1795, 1856 and 1795 are included under the topic Early Bechtol History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bechtol Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bechtold, Bechtolt, Bechtoldt, Becktolt, Beckholt, Beckholdt, Becktold, Becktoldt, Bechthold, Beckthold, Bechtholdt, Becktholdt, Bechtolf, Bechtolff, Bechetold, Becketold, Becketoldt, Bechtle, Bechtel and many more.
Early Notables of the Bechtol family (pre 1700)
Another 41 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bechtol Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bechtol migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bechtol Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Harold E. Bechtol, aged 28, who landed in America, in 1920
- Lillian A. Bechtol, aged 28, who immigrated to the United States, in 1920
Contemporary Notables of the name Bechtol (post 1700) +
- Hubert "Hub" Edwin Bechtol (1926-2004), American college football player for the Texas Tech Red Raiders
- I. K. Bechtol, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from West Virginia, 1912 
- F. Dean Bechtol, American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Indiana 4th District, 1956 
- Aaron Bechtol, American politician, Member of West Virginia State Senate 10th District, 1863-65 
Related Stories +
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 13) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html