on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The Beauchemin name means "good road." The original bearer of this name must have lived on a high quality road, perhaps a highway.
The surname Beauchemin was first found in Champagne.
Most surnames have experienced slight spelling changes. A son may not chose to spell his name the same way that his father did. Many were errors, many deliberate. During the early development of the French language, a person usually gave his version, phonetically, to a scribe, a priest, or a recorder. Prefixes or suffixes varied. They were optional as they passed through the centuries, or were adopted by different branches to signify either a political or religious adherence. Hence, there a many spelling variations of the name Beauchemin, including Beauchemin, Bochemin and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Beauchemin research. Another 83 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Beauchemin History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 82 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Beauchemin Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Beauchemin Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Nicholas Beauchemin, who lived in Quebec during the seventeenth century and died in Boucherville in 1693
Beauchemin Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Marie-Renée Beauchemin was married in 1748 in Pte-aux-Trembles, Quebec
Beauchemin Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Marie-Louise Beauchemin was married in Nicolet, Quebec two years later
- Joseph E. Beauchemin, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for New Hampshire State House of Representatives from Manchester 13th Ward, 1938
- François Beauchemin (b. 1980), Canadian professional (NHL) ice hockey player from Québec
- Yves Beauchemin (b. 1941), Canadian Québécois novelist
- Micheline Beauchemin (b. 1929), Canadian textile artist and tapestry weaver from Longeuil Quebec
- Charles-Nérée Beauchemin, Canadian Québécois poet and physician
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
The Beauchemin Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Beauchemin Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 November 2015 at 10:28.
on orders of $85 or more