Bava History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Bava family
The surname Bava was first found in the region of Calabria, and also in the town of Vibonati, located in the region of Basilicata. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Early History of the Bava family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bava research. Another 69 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1430, 1528, 1592, and 1623 are included under the topic Early Bava History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bava Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bava, Bavara, Bavaro and others.
Early Notables of the Bava family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Bava Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bava migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bava Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mat. Bava, who settled in Baltimore in 1868
- Antonie Bava, who settled in Baltimore in 1868
- Antonina Bava, who arrived at New York on June 5, 1889, aboard the "Palermo"
Bava Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- John Bava, who settled in West Virginia in 1903
- Pietro Bava, who arrived in West Virginia in 1903
- Pete Bava, who arrived in New York, NY in 1910
Contemporary Notables of the name Bava (post 1700) +
- Elena Bava, Italian architect and sculptor
- Mario Bava (1914-1980), Italian director and cinematographer known for his horror films
Related Stories +