Basden History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Basden family
The surname Basden was first found in Mecklenburg, where this family name became a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always prominent in social affairs, the name became an integral part of that turbulent region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal System and the nation.
Early History of the Basden family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Basden research. Another 179 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1552, 1723, 1790, and 1833 are included under the topic Early Basden History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Basden Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Basedow, Bassedow, Basedau, Bassedoe, Basdow, Basdoe and many more.
Early Notables of the Basden family (pre 1700)
Another 40 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Basden Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Basden migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Basden Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Wentworth Basden, who landed in South Carolina in 1678 
- Charles Basden, who arrived in South Carolina in 1680 
Basden Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Christopher Basden, who settled in South Carolina in 1670-1700
Basden Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Benjamin W Basden, who arrived in Edenton, North Carolina in 1820
- John Basden, who settled in Boston or Charlestown, Massachusetts in 1820
- Caroline Basden, who arrived in Baltimore in 1832
- Emily Basden, who arrived in Baltimore in 1832
Contemporary Notables of the name Basden (post 1700) +
- Edward Richard "Eddie" Basden (b. 1983), American former NBA basketball player who played from 2005 to 2016, Turkish League champion (2007), Conference USA Player of the Year (2005)
- Albert Edward "A. E." Basden MBE (b. 1948), British philatelist who was a specialist in the stamps of South Africa and Transvaal
- Dwight Basden (b. 1972), Bermudian cricketer
- George Basden (1873-1944), English prelate, Archdeacon of The Niger (1926-1936)
- Richard Basden (b. 1967), former Bermudian cricketer
- Thomas "Tom" William Basden (b. 1980), English actor and comedy writer, and a member of the British four-man sketch group Cowards
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)