Bartz History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Bartz family
The surname Bartz was first found in Belgium, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Brabant, an ancient duchy from 1190 onward. Within the province Brussels and Louvain are the major cities and the smaller Clabecq, Tubize and Wavre towns. Other towns include Vilvorde, Tirlemont and Hal. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Early History of the Bartz family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bartz research. Another 79 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bartz History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bartz Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bartz, Bartzz, Barttz, Barrtz, Barts, Bartez and many more.
Early Notables of the Bartz family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Bartz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Bartz is the 5,560th most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name. 
Bartz migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bartz Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johann Friedrich Bartz, who landed in America in 1738 
- Jacob Bartz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1739 
Bartz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Bartz, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1844 
- Barbe Bartz, who settled in Texas in 1846
- Daniel Bartz, who arrived in America in 1851 
- Alvina Bartz, who settled in Baltimore in 1892
- Augusta Bartz, who settled in Baltimore in 1892
Contemporary Notables of the name Bartz (post 1700) +
- Randall "Randy" Bartz (b. 1968), American silver medalist short track speed skater at the 1994 Winter Olympics
- Jennifer Ann Bartz (b. 1955), American competitive swimmer at the 1972 Summer Olympics
- Merlin Bartz (b. 1961), American politician, Iowa State Senator (2009-2013)
- Carol Ann Bartz (b. 1948), American business executive, former president and CEO of Yahoo!
- Gary Bartz (b. 1940), American alto and soprano saxophonist and clarinetist
- Erich Bartz, German fighter pilot and flying ace in the Luftwaffe, during World War II, credited with 30 aerial victories
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)