Early Origins of the Bartolotta family
The surname Bartolotta was first found in Tuscany
(Italian: Toscana), a region in central Italy. It has nine provinces. Universities are Florence, Pisa and Siena. Home of the Medici they returned to Tuscany
in 1530 where they held until 1737. Francis was elected emperor in 1745 and Leopold I succeeded, down to Ferdinand III in 1793. In 1799 it was sacked by a French revolutionary force and remained French until 1847. In 1861 it joined the Kingdom of Italy. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Early History of the Bartolotta family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bartolotta research.Another 174 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1262, 1340, 1376, 1373, 1473 and 1500 are included under the topic Early Bartolotta History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bartolotta Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Bartolomei, Bortoletti, Bortolomei, Bortolomeo, Di Bartolomeo, Bartolomucci, Bartolomeoni, Batolomeazzi, Bortolomeotti, Bortolomedi, Bartali, Bartalo, Batoli, Bartolo, Vartolo, Vartolomei, Bartalini, Bartolini, Bartolotta, Bartolotti, Bartolozzi, Bartaloni, Bartoline, Bartolacci and many more.
Early Notables of the Bartolotta family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Bartolotta Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Bartolotta family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bartolotta Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Andrea Bartolotta, aged 26, who arrived in America from Isnello, Sicily, in 1907
- Francesco Bartolotta, aged 25, who arrived in America from Casalvecchio, Italy, in 1907
- Giovanni Bartolotta, aged 22, who arrived in America from S. Stefanoba, Sicily, in 1909
- Cologero Bartolotta, aged 25, who arrived in America from Carleone, Sicily, in 1909
- Carmela Bartolotta, aged 12, who arrived in America from Linina, Italy, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Bartolotta (post 1700)
- Paul Bartolotta (b. 1961), American chef and restaurateur, twice awarded the James Beard Foundation Award
- Gino Bartolotta (b. 1963), American professional baseball player
- Andrew "Angel" Bartolotta (b. 1981), American drummer
- James "Jimmy" Bartolotta (b. 1986), American professional basketball player
- Benjamin Bartolotta, American Democrat politician, Candidate for New York State Assembly from Columbia County, 1956 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Luigi Bartolotta (b. 1954), Italian professional footballer
- Daniel Bartolotta (b. 1955), former Uruguayan football player
Bartolotta Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html