Barthelemy History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The name Barthelemy evolved among the people of the medieval French region called Auvergne. It was derived from the personal name Bartholome.
Early Origins of the Barthelemy family
The surname Barthelemy was first found in Auvergne, a historic province in south central France.
Important Dates for the Barthelemy family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Barthelemy research. Another 336 words (24 lines of text) covering the years 1343, 1383, 1425, 1482, 1500, 1502, 1568, 1789, 1808, and 1814 are included under the topic Early Barthelemy History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Barthelemy Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Barthélemy, Barthélemi, Barthélemie, Barthélemis, Barthéllemy, Barthéllemi, Barthéllemie, Barthéllemis, Bartélemy, Bartélemi, Bartélemie, Bartélemis, Bartélemy, Bartéllemi, Bartéllemie, Bartéllemis, Bartthélemy, Bartthélemi, Bartthélemie, Bartthéllemy, Bartthéllemi, Bartthéllemie, Bartthéllemis, Barttélemy, Barttélemi, Barttélemie, Barttélemy, Barttéllemi, Barttéllemie, Barttéllemis, Barthelmi and many more.
Early Notables of the Barthelemy family (pre 1700)
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Barthelemy Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Barthelemy migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Barthelemy Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Richard Barthélemy, who settled in Virginia in 1654
- Richard Barthelemy, who landed in Virginia in 1663 
- Richard Barthelemy who arrived in Virginia in 1663
Barthelemy Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Sebastian Barthelemy, who settled in Philadelphia in 1791
Barthelemy Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mariane Barthélemy, who settled in Philadelphia in 1802
- J. G. Barthelemy and Mariane Barthelemy both of whom arrived in Pennsylvania in 1802
- J G Barthelemy, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1802 
- Mariane Barthelemy, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1802 
Contemporary Notables of the name Barthelemy (post 1700)
- Joseph Edward Barthelemy Jr. (b. 1927), American geophysicist
- Sidney J. Barthelemy, American politician, Mayor of New Orleans, Louisiana, 1986-94 
- Nicolas Martin Barthélemy, French Brigadier General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815 
- Marquis François Barthélemy, French Plenipotentionary Minister, Member of the Directoire and Legislator
- Nicolas Barthélemy, French magistrate and legislator
- Jean-André Barthélemy, French lawyer and legislator
- Jean Jacques Barthélemy (1716-1795), French abbé/antiquary
- Auguste Marseille Barthélemy (1796-1867), French poet and political satirist
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 28) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ Generals Who Served in the French Army during the Period 1789-1815. (Retrieved 2015, February 11) Nicolas Barthélemy. Retrieved from http://www.napoleon-series.org/research/c_frenchgenerals.html