Barteau History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The name Barteau evolved among the people of the medieval French region called Auvergne. It was derived from the personal name Bartholome.
Early Origins of the Barteau family
The surname Barteau was first found in Auvergne, a historic province in south central France.
Early History of the Barteau family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Barteau research. Another 336 words (24 lines of text) covering the years 1343, 1383, 1425, 1482, 1500, 1502, 1568, 1789, 1808, and 1814 are included under the topic Early Barteau History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Barteau Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Barthélemy, Barthélemi, Barthélemie, Barthélemis, Barthéllemy, Barthéllemi, Barthéllemie, Barthéllemis, Bartélemy, Bartélemi, Bartélemie, Bartélemis, Bartélemy, Bartéllemi, Bartéllemie, Bartéllemis, Bartthélemy, Bartthélemi, Bartthélemie, Bartthéllemy, Bartthéllemi, Bartthéllemie, Bartthéllemis, Barttélemy, Barttélemi, Barttélemie, Barttélemy, Barttéllemi, Barttéllemie, Barttéllemis, Barthelmi and many more.
Early Notables of the Barteau family (pre 1700)
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Barteau Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In France, the name Barteau is the 3,305th most popular surname with an estimated 2,000 - 2,500 people with that name. 
Barteau migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Barteau Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Francois Barteau, who landed in New York in 1676 
Barteau Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mary Barteau, aged 38, who immigrated to America in 1896
Barteau Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Marie Barteau, aged 23, who arrived in America from Paris, France in 1908
Contemporary Notables of the name Barteau (post 1700) +
- Vincent Barteau (b. 1962), former French road racing cyclist
Related Stories +
- ^ http://www.journaldesfemmes.com/nom-de-famille/nom/
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)