100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: German, Portuguese, Scottish
Where did the Portuguese Barnhart family come from? What is the Portuguese Barnhart family crest and coat of arms? When did the Barnhart family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Barnhart family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bernardo, Bernardes, Bernardi, Bernardino, Bernhard, Bernhardt, Bernhart, Barnhard, Barnhardt and many more.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Barnhart Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johannes Barnhart, who arrived in New York in 1706
- Agnes Marg Barnhart, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732
- Hans Peter Barnhart, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1737
- Johan Stepn Barnhart, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1737
- John William Barnhart, who landed in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania in 1742
Barnhart Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jacob Barnhart, who arrived in Maryland in 1840
- L Barnhart, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851
- R Barnhart, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851
- Charles Barnhart, aged 23, arrived in New York, NY in 1852
- Teunis Barnhart, who arrived in Iowa in 1856
Barnhart Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Sgt. Charles Barnhart, "Barnhardt" U.E (b. 1760) born in East Campbell, New York, USA who settled in Fredericksburgh, Cataraqui township, [Greater Napanee], Ontario c. 1783 he served in the Kings Royal Regiment of New York was married to Catherine Forshee "Fosyuar" in 1789 they had 9 children, he died in 1864 in Brockville, Ontario
- Sgt. George Barnhart U.E (b. 1737) born in Loonenburg, Greene, New York, USA from Pentacton, Ulster County, USA who settled in Eastern District [Cornwall], Ontario c. 1783 enlisted in 1780 in the King's Royal Regiment of New York after serving in Turloch Militia under Captain Jacob Miller, he married Catherine Sharpstone they had 14 children, he died in 1811
- Mrs. Catherine Barnhart U.E who settled in Eastern District [Cornwall], Ontario c. 1783 daughter of Lt. Jacob Sharpstone U.E. married to Sgt. George Barnhart
- Mr. Jacob Barnhart U.E who settled in Eastern District [Cornwall], Ontario c. 1783 son of George Barnhart
- Mr. John Barnhart, "Barnhardt" U.E from Dutchess County, New York, USA who settled in Home District, [Niagara], Lincoln County, Ontario c. 1783 served as part of the King's Royal Regiment of New York he had one daughter
- Clarence Lewis Barnhart (1900-1993), American lexicographer
- Jennifer Barnhart, American puppeteer, actress, and voice-over talent
- Robert K. Barnhart (1933-2007), American lexicographer and editor of various specialized dictionaries
- Ray Anderson Barnhart (b. 1928), retired American businessman and Republican politician
- Clyde Lee Barnhart (1895-1980), former American right-handed outfielder and third baseman in Major League Baseball
- Nicole Renee Barnhart (b. 1981), American soccer goalkeeper
- David K. Barnhart (b. 1941), American lexicographer who specializes in new words
- Jeffrey L. Barnhart (b. 1956), Republican member of the North Carolina General Assembly
- Victor Dee Barnhart (b. 1921), American former professional baseball player
- Daniel High "Dan" Barnhart (b. 1912), American football tailback
- Guiseppi, Montague Spencer, edition. Naturalizations of Foreign Protestants in the American and West Indian Colonies. Mancester, England: The Huguenot Soceity of London, 1921. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Marques A. H. De Oliveira. History of Portugal. New York: Columbia University Press, 1972. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla, Spain. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Zúquete, Afonso Eduardo Martins. Armorial Lusitano. Lisboa: Editoria Enciclopédia, 1961. Print.
The Barnhart Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Barnhart Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 February 2015 at 13:15.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!