on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: German, Portuguese, Scottish
Where did the Portuguese Barnhart family come from? What is the Portuguese Barnhart family crest and coat of arms? When did the Barnhart family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Barnhart family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bernardo, Bernardes, Bernardi, Bernardino, Bernhard, Bernhardt, Bernhart, Barnhard, Barnhardt and many more.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Barnhart Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johannes Barnhart, who arrived in New York in 1706
- Agnes Marg Barnhart, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732
- Hans Peter Barnhart, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1737
- Johan Stepn Barnhart, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1737
- John William Barnhart, who landed in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania in 1742
Barnhart Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jacob Barnhart, who arrived in Maryland in 1840
- L Barnhart, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851
- R Barnhart, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851
- Charles Barnhart, aged 23, arrived in New York, NY in 1852
- Teunis Barnhart, who arrived in Iowa in 1856
Barnhart Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Sgt. Charles Barnhart, "Barnhardt" U.E (b. 1760) born in East Campbell, New York, USA who settled in Fredericksburgh, Cataraqui township, [Greater Napanee], Ontario c. 1783 he served in the Kings Royal Regiment of New York was married to Catherine Forshee "Fosyuar" in 1789 they had 9 children, he died in 1864 in Brockville, Ontario
- Sgt. George Barnhart U.E (b. 1737) born in Loonenburg, Greene, New York, USA from Pentacton, Ulster County, USA who settled in Eastern District [Cornwall], Ontario c. 1783 enlisted in 1780 in the King's Royal Regiment of New York after serving in Turloch Militia under Captain Jacob Miller, he married Catherine Sharpstone they had 14 children, he died in 1811
- Mrs. Catherine Barnhart U.E who settled in Eastern District [Cornwall], Ontario c. 1783 daughter of Lt. Jacob Sharpstone U.E. married to Sgt. George Barnhart
- Mr. Jacob Barnhart U.E who settled in Eastern District [Cornwall], Ontario c. 1783 son of George Barnhart
- Mr. John Barnhart, "Barnhardt" U.E from Dutchess County, New York, USA who settled in Home District, [Niagara], Lincoln County, Ontario c. 1783 served as part of the King's Royal Regiment of New York he had one daughter
- Katie Barnhart, American pair skater
- Phyllis Barnhart (1922-2008), American animator and cel painter
- Henry A. Barnhart (1858-1934), U.S. Representative from Indiana
- Scotty Barnhart, one of the modern American masters of jazz trumpet
- Edgar Vernon Barnhart (1904-1984), American professional professional baseball pitcher
- Keith Lee Barnhart (b. 1962), American composer, keyboardist and audio engineer
- Frank A. Barnhart, American actor, producer, director, and college professor
- Leslie Earl Barnhart (1905-1971), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Daniel High "Dan" Barnhart (b. 1912), American football tailback
- Victor Dee Barnhart (b. 1921), American former professional baseball player
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Marques A. H. De Oliveira. History of Portugal. New York: Columbia University Press, 1972. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The Barnhart Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Barnhart Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 January 2016 at 12:55.
on orders of $85 or more