Barbieri History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Barbieri family
The surname Barbieri was first found in all over Italy, though mainly in Sicily in the south, and in Emilia-Romagna in the north. A simple derivative, the surname Barbieri comes from the Italian word "barbiere," meaning "barber."
Early History of the Barbieri family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Barbieri research. Another 116 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1340, 1453, 1314, 1452, 1520, 1623 and 1698 are included under the topic Early Barbieri History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Barbieri Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Barbieri, Barbiero, Barbiera, Barberi, Barberio and many more.
Early Notables of the Barbieri family (pre 1700)
Another 42 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Barbieri Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Barbieri is the 7,555th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name.  However, in France, the name Barbieri is ranked the 4,776th most popular surname with an estimated 1,500 - 2,000 people with that name. 
| Barbieri migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Barbieri Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Francisco Barbieri, who settled in Philadelphia in 1868
- Pasquale Barbieri, 18, who arrived in New York in 1891
Barbieri Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Agostino Barbieri, aged 44, who landed in America from Palermo, in 1905
- Alenandro Barbieri, aged 21, who landed in America from Aivarolo Fuori, Italy, in 1907
- Adalgisa Barbieri, aged 22, who immigrated to America from Milano, Italy, in 1909
- Adele Barbieri, aged 25, who immigrated to the United States from Bettala, Italy, in 1910
- Agostina Barbieri, aged 18, who landed in America from Montebruno, Italy, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Barbieri (post 1700) ||+|
- Ralph Barbieri (1945-2020), American sports radio personality from San Francisco, California
- Anthony J. "Tony" Barbieri (b. 1963), American comedy writer and performer
- Renzo Barbieri (1940-2007), author and editor of Italian comics and the founder of the publishing house Edifumetto
- Olivo Barbieri (b. 1954), Italian artist and photographer
- Fedora Barbieri (1920-2003), Italian actress
- Leandro "Gato" Barbieri (1932-2016), Argentine jazz tenor saxophonist and composer
- Richard Barbieri (b. 1957), English synthesizer player, keyboardist and composer