Barberi History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Barberi family
The surname Barberi was first found in all over Italy, though mainly in Sicily in the south, and in Emilia-Romagna in the north. A simple derivative, the surname Barberi comes from the Italian word "barbiere," meaning "barber."
Early History of the Barberi family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Barberi research. Another 116 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1340, 1453, 1314, 1452, 1520, 1623 and 1698 are included under the topic Early Barberi History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Barberi Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Barbieri, Barbiero, Barbiera, Barberi, Barberio and many more.
Early Notables of the Barberi family (pre 1700)
Another 42 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Barberi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Barberi family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Pasquale Barbieri, 18; who arrived in New York in 1891; Maria Teresa Barbieri, 43; who came to Waterbury, Connecticut in 1913.
Contemporary Notables of the name Barberi (post 1700) +
- Gloria Barberi (b. 1955), Italian science-fiction and fantasy author
- Dominic Barberi (1792-1849), Italian theologian and Passionist; he was beatified by Pope Paul VI in 1963
- Antonio Barberi, Italian engraver in the 1700s
- Andrea Barberi (b. 1979), Italian sprint athlete
- Stefano Barberi (b. 1984), Brazilian professional bicycle racer
- Katie Barberi (b. 1972), Mexican television actress
Related Stories +