Baratta History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Baratta family
The surname Baratta was first found in Alessandria the capital of the province of the same name on the River Tanaro. It was founded in 1168. It was besieged by Barbarossa for six months without success. The citadel, on the left bank of the Tanaro is a principal building. It is famous for the manufacture of felt hats. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Baratta family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Baratta research. Another 87 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1629, 1748, 1719 and 1789 are included under the topic Early Baratta History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Baratta Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Baratta, Baratti, Barattieri, Baratto, Barattini, Barattino, Barattucci, Barattoni, Barattero, Barrata, Barrato, Barreti and many more.
Early Notables of the Baratta family (pre 1700)
Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Baratta Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Baratta migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Baratta Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Barbara De Baratta, who arrived in Maryland in 1666 
Baratta Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonio Baratta, aged 18, who landed in America from Vinchiaturo, in 1901
- Antoninia Baratta, aged 16, who immigrated to America from Caccamo, in 1903
- Beniamino Baratta, aged 18, who immigrated to the United States from Capaceccio, Italy, in 1907
- Bernadino Baratta, aged 51, who landed in America from Venchiatino, Italy, in 1910
- Carmina Baratta, aged 26, who landed in America from Vinchiaturo, Italy, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Baratta (post 1700) +
- Lori Baratta, popular American fantasy and decorative realist American painter and illustrator
- Lisa Marie Baratta, American (Panama born) musician
- Antonio Baratta (b. 1727), Italian designer and engraver
- Pietro Baratta (1659-1729), Italian sculptor of the Baroque period, active in Venice
- Francesco Baratta (1590-1666), Italian sculptor of the Baroque period
- Giovanni Baratta (1670-1747), Italian sculptor of the Baroque period
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)