Barajas History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Noble surnames, such as Barajas, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Barajas, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. Many Spanish local names reflect Arabic words or place-names because Spain was conquered by the Muslim Moors from the 8th to 12th centuries. The Barajas family lived in the region of Barbarius, in the province of Tarragona.
Early Origins of the Barajas family
The surname Barajas was first found in Castile, prominent among the medieval Christian kingdoms of Spain.
Early History of the Barajas family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Barajas research. Another 103 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1127, 1394, 1529, 1539, 1590, and 1650 are included under the topic Early Barajas History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Barajas Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Barba, Barbo, Barbado, Barbada, de Barbada, Barbachano, Barbadillo, Barbón, Barbon, Barbosa, Barboso, Barbero, Barbera, Barberán, Barberan, Barbería, Barberia, Barbasán and many more.
Early Notables of the Barajas family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family were thirteenth century Castilian landowner Pelayo Barbero; Martín de Barbada, knight of the Reconquest, who died in 1394 during an unsuccessful attempt to capture Granada; Lope de Barba Figueroa, made a Knight of St. John...
Another 40 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Barajas Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Barajas migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Barajas Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Plinio Barajas, aged 23, who settled in America from Bogota, Colombia, in 1920
- Isidro Barajas, aged 62, who landed in America from Mexico, Mexico, in 1921
Contemporary Notables of the name Barajas (post 1700) +
- Rodrigo Richard "Rod" Barajas (b. 1975), Mexican American professional baseball catcher who played from 1999 to 2012
- Javier Barajas (b. 1980), Spanish footballer
- Rubén Barajas (b. 1975), retired Spanish professional footballer
- Carmen Barajas (1925-2015), Countess of Bragny, Countess of Barajas, a Mexican aristocrat, film executive producer, bestselling author and internationally known socialite
Related Stories +