on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Banta family come from? What is the French Banta family crest and coat of arms? When did the Banta family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Banta family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ban, Bans, Band, Bant, Bands, Bants, Bande, Bandes, Bante, Bantes, Baun, Bauns, Baund, Baunds, Baunt, Baunts, du Ban and many more.
First found in Champagne, where the family was traced from early times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Banta research. Another 319 words(23 lines of text) covering the years 1276, 1300, 1400, 1429, 1518, 1524, 1544, 1553, 1684, and 1748 are included under the topic Early Banta History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 63 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Banta Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Banta Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Epke Jacobs Banta, who arrived in New Netherland(s) in 1620
Banta Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Hans Rau Banta, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1728
- Frederich Banta, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1767
- Adam Banta, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1786
Banta Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Cde Banta, aged 30, landed in New Orleans, La in 1850
Banta Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Lt. Weart Banta aka "Veart, Wyart, Bontor, Bonter, Barter, Bartow" U.E (b. 1743) born in Sluckup, New Jersey, USA from New York City, New York, USA who settled in Shelburne, Nova Scotia in 1783 he then relocated in 1795 to township No 2 Stamford, Niagara, Upper Canada he enlisted in February 1779 and was part of the Kings Militia Volunteers, New York Regiment he was married to Elizabeth Mildeberger the had 4 children, he died in 1795
- George Banta (1857-1935), American founder of the George Banta Company
- Jack Banta (b. 1917), American NFL football halfback
- Jack Banta (1925-2006), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Dennis Bradford Banta (b. 1970), retired American NFL football tight end
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
The Banta Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Banta Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 February 2015 at 13:15.
on orders of $85 or more