Banach History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The German surname Banach emerged in the lands that formed the powerful German state of Prussia, which at one time was an immense German territory that stretched from France and the Low Countries to the Baltic sea and Poland. After the fall of the Roman Empire, the German territories were inhabited by a variety of Barbarian tribes. The borders of the Barbarian kingdoms changed frequently, but the region that became known as Prussia was roughly divided between the areas of Brandenburg-Prussia, West Prussia, and East Prussia. West Prussia, where the distinguished surname Banach was born, was nestled between Brandenburg and East Prussia on the Vistula River. It is famous for its ancient cities, such as Danzig, which is renowned for its culture and fine displays of Renaissance art and architecture.
Early Origins of the Banach family
The surname Banach was first found in East Prussia, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation which would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local social and political affairs. The name is Slavic in origin.
Important Dates for the Banach family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Banach research. Another 51 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1871 and 1871 are included under the topic Early Banach History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Banach Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bannasch, Bannach, Bannaski, Bannasche, Bannash, Bannashe, Banach, Banasch, Banasche, Banascher, Bansch, Bannsch, Bannsche, Bansche, Banscher, Bannsh, Bannsher and many more.
Early Notables of the Banach family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Banach Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Banach family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: George Bansch, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1806 with his wife and two children; Georg Bansche came to Philadelphia, Pa. in 1734. Michael Banscher arrived in Philadelphia in 1871..
Contemporary Notables of the name Banach (post 1700)
- Orest "Orri" Banach (b. 1948), retired German-American soccer goalkeeper
- Lou Banach (b. 1960), American Olympic gold medalist wrestler
- Edward Joseph Banach (b. 1960), American Olympic gold medalist wrestler
- William Philip Banach (1903-1951), American Democrat politician, Member of Wisconsin State Assembly from Milwaukee County 12th District, 1947-51; Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Wisconsin, 1948 
- Maurice Banach (1967-1991), German footballer
- Stefan Banach (1892-1945), Polish mathematician, creator of Banach algebra and Banach space, co-creator of the Banach–Tarski paradox and the Hahn–Banach theorem
You May Also Like
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 14) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html