on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Balog family come from? What is the German Balog family crest and coat of arms? When did the Balog family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Balog family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Balogh, Balof, Balhorn, Belloch, Belloch, Balog and others.
First found in Austria, where the name Balogh became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Balog research. Another 135 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 154 and 1542 are included under the topic Early Balog History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Balog Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Balog Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Stephen Balog, who was naturalized in Illinois in 1910
- James Balog (b. 1952), American photographer
- Leonarda Balog (b. 1993), Croatian football defender
- Vilmos Balog (b. 1975), Hungarian boxer at the 2004 Summer Olympics
- Zsolt Balog (b. 1978), Hungarian professional football defender
- Zoltán Balog (b. 1978), Hungarian professional football defender
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
The Balog Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Balog Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 March 2015 at 23:47.
on orders of $85 or more