Balog History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Balog family
The surname Balog was first found in Austria, where the name Balogh became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Balog family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Balog research. Another 68 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 154 and 1542 are included under the topic Early Balog History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Balog Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Balogh, Balof, Balhorn, Belloch, Belloch, Balog and others.
Early Notables of the Balog family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Balog Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Balog is the 17,892nd most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Balog migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Balog Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Stephen Balog, who was naturalized in Illinois in 1910
Contemporary Notables of the name Balog (post 1700) +
- James Balog (b. 1952), American photographer
- James Balog, American politician, Village President of Carol Stream, Illinois, 1959-62 
- Leonarda Balog (b. 1993), Croatian football defender
- Vilmos Balog (b. 1975), Hungarian boxer at the 2004 Summer Olympics
- Zsolt Balog (b. 1978), Hungarian professional football defender
- Zoltán Balog (b. 1978), Hungarian professional football defender
Related Stories +