Baldus History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The roots of the distinguished surname Baldus lie in Austria. The name derives itself from "Balthasar," the name of one of the three Magi who followed the star to Bethlehem, and was popular as both a first name and a family name during the 18th century.
Early Origins of the Baldus family
The surname Baldus was first found in Austria, where the name Baltheser was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. The Baldus, Baldes and Baldes were originally pet forms of the variant Balthasar which was the local patron saint and were often found in Rhineland. 
Early History of the Baldus family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Baldus research. Another 113 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1659, 1630, 1663, 1656 and 1663 are included under the topic Early Baldus History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Baldus Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Baltzer, Balthasar, Balthezer, Balthesser, Ballthasar, Balthazar, Ballthezer, Balz (Pomerania), Baltzel and many more.
Early Notables of the Baldus family (pre 1700)
During this period prominent bearers of the name Baldus were Thomas Baltzar (1630-1663), a renowned violinist, who achieved fame in London. He was born at Lubeck and settled in England in 1656. "He was the first great violinist that had been heard in England at the time. At the Restoration he...
Another 51 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Baldus Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Baldus migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Baldus Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- John Leonard Baldus, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749 
- Joh Hen Baldus, who arrived in America in 1750 
- Johann Henr Baldus, who landed in America in 1750 
- Peter Baldus, who arrived in America in 1750 
- John Peter Baldus, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1753 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Baldus Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Johann Baldus, who landed in Texas in 1844 
- Gustav Baldus, who arrived in America in 1853 
- Kath Baldus, who landed in America in 1853 
- Theodor Baldus, who arrived in America in 1853 
- George Baldus, who landed in St Clair County, Illinois in 1859 
Contemporary Notables of the name Baldus (post 1700) +
- Alvin James Baldus (1926-2017), American Democratic politician, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Wisconsin (1975-1981)
- Édouard-Denis Baldus (1813-1889), French landscape, architectural and railway photographer
- Baldus de Ubaldis (1320-1400), Italian jurist
Related Stories +
- ^ Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns.)Dictionary of German Names Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7)
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)