Baillet History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Baillet family
The surname Baillet was first found in Burgundy (French: Bourgogne), an administrative and historical region of east-central France, where this esteemed family has been traced from ancient times.
Important Dates for the Baillet family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Baillet research. Another 200 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1412, 1486, 1551, 1554, 1585, 1632, 1633, 1653, and 1710 are included under the topic Early Baillet History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Baillet Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Baillet, Baillais, Baillay, Bailet, Bailais, Bailay, Baillets, Bailets, Baillays, Bailays, Baillait, Baillaits, Bailait, Bailaits, Bayllet, Bayllets, Bayets, du Baillet, de Baillet, Baillaud, Baillette and many more.
Early Notables of the Baillet family (pre 1700)
Another 48 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Baillet Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Baillet migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Baillet Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Amedee-Gaston Baillet, who settled in Louisiana at the age of 21 in 1719
Baillet Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Frans Baillet, who settled in Philadelphia in 1804
Contemporary Notables of the name Baillet (post 1700)
- Louis Willibrod Antoine de Baillet de Latour, French Divisional General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815 
- Claire Baillet, Rhumatologist, Paris
- Hubert Baillet, Physician, Paris
- Bruno Baillet, Dental Surgeon, Paris
- ^ Generals Who Served in the French Army during the Period 1789-1815. (Retrieved 2015, February 11) Louis Baillet. Retrieved from http://www.napoleon-series.org/research/c_frenchgenerals.html