100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Bachman family come from? What is the German Bachman family crest and coat of arms? When did the Bachman family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Bachman family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bachmann, Bachman, Bacchmann, Bacchman, Bachhmann, Bachhman and many more.
First found in Bavaria, where the name Bachmann was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bachman research. Another 191 words(14 lines of text) covering the year 1749 is included under the topic Early Bachman History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Bachman Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bachman Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Christian Bachman, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1682
Bachman Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Anna Barbara Bachman, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1731
- Johannes Bachman, who arrived in Carolina in 1738
- Hans Bachman, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1739
- Heinrich Bachman, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1739
- Hendrich Bachman, aged 27, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1739
Bachman Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Chas Bachman, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1802
- Aloyse Bachman, who came to Indiana in 1818
- Abraham Bachman, who came to Ohio in 1819
- Carl Frederick Bachman, who landed in New York in 1843
- Andrew Bachman, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1844
Bachman Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Baptist, Elisabeth, Sibilla and John Bachman all of whom arrived in Nova Scotia in 1757
- Baptist Bachman, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1757
- Barbara Bachman, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1757
- Binter Bachman, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1757
- Elisabeth Bachman, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1757
- Kenneth Leroy Bachman (b. 1913), American economist
- The Reverand John Bachman (1790-1874), American Lutheran minister, social activist and naturalist, helped found Newberry College
- Charles William "Charlie" Bachman III (b. 1924), American computer scientist and creator of the Bachman diagram
- Charles William "Charlie" Bachman (1892-1985), American college football player and head coach, inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame as a coach in 1978
- Richard Bachman (b. 1987), American professional NHL ice hockey goaltender
- Richard Bachman, pen name used by horror fiction author Stephen King
- Elisabeth "Wiz" Bachman (b. 1978), American gold medalist volleyball player at the 2001 World Grand Prix and the 2003 Pan American Cup
- Nathan Lynn Bachman (1878-1937), American politician, United States Senator from Tennessee (1933-1937)
- Charles A. Bachman (1882-1966), American comedy actor who appeared in 29 films between 1923 to 1940 primarily in Our Gang shorts and Laurel and Hardy comedies
- Danel W. Bachman (b. 1943), American historian of Mormonism and an instructor at the Institute of Religion of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Our Heritage, a History of the Bachmans of Litiz, Pennsylvania by Pauline Bachman Mann.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
The Bachman Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bachman Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 5 June 2014 at 15:03.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!