100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Bachman was first found in Bavaria
, where the name Bachmann was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bachmann, Bachman, Bacchmann, Bacchman, Bachhmann, Bachhman and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bachman research. Another 191 words (14 lines of text) covering the year 1749 is included under the topic Early Bachman History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Bachman Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bachman Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Christian Bachman, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1682
Bachman Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Anna Barbara Bachman, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1731
- Johannes Bachman, who arrived in Carolina in 1738
- Hans Bachman, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1739
- Heinrich Bachman, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1739
- Hendrich Bachman, aged 27, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1739
Bachman Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Chas Bachman, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1802
- Aloyse Bachman, who came to Indiana in 1818
- Abraham Bachman, who came to Ohio in 1819
- Carl Frederick Bachman, who landed in New York in 1843
- Andrew Bachman, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1844
Bachman Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Baptist, Elisabeth, Sibilla and John Bachman all of whom arrived in Nova Scotia in 1757
- Baptist Bachman, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1757
- Barbara Bachman, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1757
- Binter Bachman, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1757
- Elisabeth Bachman, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1757
- Catherine Bachman (b. 1954), birth name of Catherine Bach, American actress, best known for playing Daisy Duke in the television series The Dukes of Hazzard
- Jay Lance Bachman (b. 1945), American former AFL football player who played from 1968 to 1971
- Walter C. Bachman (1911-1991), American ship designer and marine engineer, member of the American Society of Naval Engineers
- William T. Bachman (1908-1993), American politician, Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives (1969-1970)
- Reuben Knecht Bachman (1834-1911), American politician, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Pennsylvania (1879-1881)
- Walter Ellsworth Bachman Sr. (1879-1958), American college football player and coach
- Danel W. Bachman (b. 1943), American historian of Mormonism and an instructor at the Institute of Religion of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Charles A. Bachman (1882-1966), American comedy actor who appeared in 29 films between 1923 to 1940 primarily in Our Gang shorts and Laurel and Hardy comedies
- Nathan Lynn Bachman (1878-1937), American politician, United States Senator from Tennessee (1933-1937)
- Elisabeth "Wiz" Bachman (b. 1978), American gold medalist volleyball player at the 2001 World Grand Prix and the 2003 Pan American Cup
- Our Heritage, a History of the Bachmans of Litiz, Pennsylvania by Pauline Bachman Mann.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Bachman Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bachman Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 5 June 2014 at 15:03.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!